Float effortlessly, drifting over reefs. Be the diver you want to be, with ultimate buoyancy control, able to hover close to the bottom and examine underwater organisms without touching them.
Buoyancy skills separate the good divers from the great divers. In the Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course, you will learn to how to precisely weight yourself for optimum control, poise and balance. You learn to ascend and descend so effortlessly, it seems like you only think about it and it happens.
By mastering streamlining, you move through the water cleanly, efficiently and gracefully. You swim near fragile environments without harm to them or yourself.
The course covers
- Buoyancy fundamentals, weighting and adjustments
- Streamlining, balance and trim
- Fine tuning buoyancy and mastering hovering
- PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Manual
- Video Analysis - A workshop takes place on-site to analyse buoyancy control, finning technique, breathing and trim in the water. Viewing your own technique with feedback from your instructor allows you to identify and rectify buoyancy issues more effectively.
- Certification (on successful completion of the course)
- Certified Open Water Diver or equivalent
- Complete a Continuing Education Administration Document. If you answer yes to any questions on the Medical statement, you must complete a PADI Medical form and a GP must sign page 2 of the document.
- Admission fees to dive site
- Air £6
London Scuba does not provide the Peak Performance Buoyancy course referred to on this website. These Peak Performance Buoyancy courses are provided by Jason Linbourne (T/A Gatwick Scuba). If you wish to book a Peak Performance Buoyancy course with Gatwick Scuba, you may do so through this website and in so doing London Scuba is acting as an agent for Gatwick Scuba. By using the link below you will be re-directed to Gatwick Scuba.