Open Water Joining Instructions
Thank you for your booking. You will receive a confirmation email, which will confirm dates and location. The confirmation email also contains a link which will guide you back to this page.
Please take a few minutes to read through the details below as there are a number of tasks which must be completed in advance of the course start date.
WHAT TO DO IN ADVANCE
- Check the location of the centre and make appropriate travel arrangements
- Please download, complete and bring along the following forms:
We also advise that if it has been several weeks since your referral course, you view the PADI open water DVD and read through the Open water Diver manual to refresh your memory of the dive skills and basic theory concepts prior to your Open water dives.
A refresher course is available for you if you wish to have a pool session prior to the Open water dives.
There are a number of accommodation options if you wish to stay overnight on day one:
- Hollyocks B&B (Wraysbury) - 01784 460160
- Stanwell Hotel (Staines) - 01784 252292
- Hounslow Channis Hotel (Feltham) - 0208 8902358
- Hotel Plus (Staines) - 01753 686665
- Master Robert Hotel (Hounslow) - 0208 8570621
- London Heathrow Hilton T4 (Hounslow) - 0208 7597755
WHAT TO BRING
- Swimming costume & towel
- Warm clothing/sun screen if appropriate
- A notebook & pen
- The three completed forms
- A packed lunch and bottled water (food and drink is available on site)
- Your log book
- £9pp per day admission fee to Wraysbury
- £12pp - Air for the whole course
The course is scheduled to finish at the advertised time, however due to students learning at different speeds the course may over run.
London Scuba conducts all Open Water Diving in drysuits throughout the year. As the name suggests, you will be kept dry in the suit and even wear a thermal under-layer, to keep you nice and warm, even in the cooler winter months! Diving in a drysuit has some special considerations/techniques which need to be taken into account, for this reason, every student needs to complete a short drysuit orientation before their dives. (See Below) London Scuba reserves the right to conduct the dives in semi-dry wetsuits, should we not have your particular size available in a drysuit. We will always act with due care and attention, and only allow you to dive in a wetsuit if the conditions are suitable to do so.
- Midweek: The course runs from 10:00 - 17:00, over two consecutive days. The Drysuit orientation takes place at Wraysbury, on the first morning.
- Weekend: The course runs from 09:00 - 17:00 over two consecutive days. The Drysuit orientation takes place at London Scuba in Lingfield, the Friday before your dives. (See Below) Friday evening Dry Suit orientation at London Scuba (address below), running from 19:00 - 21:00 London Scuba Raby's Barn Newchapel Road Lingfield Surrey RH7 6LE Please ensure that you print off a map for London Scuba Please ensure that you arrive on time. Failure to arrive on time will prevent you from starting the course. We strongly recommend that you check public transport / travel arrangements in advance of your journey.