London Scuba has been providing high quality scuba experiences and courses to schools in the South of England since 1994.
"Exploration Through Education"
Scuba diving is our passion. It is a life changing experience that can open a door to breathtaking experiences and adventure. Introducing Scuba Diving to your school can greatly enrich the educational experience of your students. Scuba Diving is not only an exciting sport but it teaches important fundamentals such as responsibility for ones self and to others, problem solving, risk assessment and environmental awareness.
We aim to provide enjoyable, fulfilling and above all safe Scuba diving experiences. Courses and experiences are all customed to suit individual schools and their curriculum and schedules.
All Instructors are highly qualified PADI professionals with full insurance and enhanced CRB disclosures
WHY INTRODUCE SCUBA DIVING?
London scuba has conducted many scuba programs with various clubs & groups in the London area. We have found it to be an excellent way of engaging students, as it's an exciting activity which will to introduce them to a simply breathtaking world and provide a license for adventure and discovery! It facilitates students to socialise and develop friendships, as well as teaching students a responsibility for themselves and for others.
WHAT CAN WE DO, FOR YOU?
- Scuba Diving Presentation
- A power point presentation to introduce students to the fascinating, exciting world of scuba diving. The presentation lasts for about 30 minutes and can be conducted during one of your scheduled meetings, either at your facility or ours. The presentation includes a brief history of scuba diving, a look at all the essential diving equipment and accessories, underwater sign language and a short DVD of scuba divers in action. This is a free service and is an excellent way of engaging the students into scuba diving and a good introduction to those students (and helpers!) who want to progress to future scuba programs.
- Discover Scuba Session
- A Discover Scuba session is PADI's entry level course. It is essentially a 'try dive' to give the students an opportunity to have a go! They are low cost and only take about 1 1/2 hours (45 mins in water) Students are introduced to some of the basic theory of scuba and safety concepts before getting in the water and Scuba diving! These sessions are designed to be very relaxed and fun and an ideal introduction to scuba diving. They also provide a good foundation for students wishing to progress to a full scuba certification.
- Open Water Referral Course
- This course is the first step to becoming a fully qualified scuba diver. The course is split between theory and practical sessions. During the course students complete 5 knowledge development sections covering the theory of scuba diving and 5 practical sessions in a swimming pool. All these courses can be tailored to suit the specific needs of each group. This course can be completed over one weekend or over several midweek sessions.
- Open water dives
- The last step! Students complete 4 final open water dives to achieve their scuba certification. These dives can be completed in the UK or as part of an organised trip abroad.
- Holidays & Trips
- London scuba has 14 years experience in organising, running & leading trips to a wide variety of UK and overseas diving locations including an all time favourite among Divers' ... The Red Sea! A Popular option for groups is to complete the referral course in the UK and the Open Water dives in the Red Sea.